Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RC-7469 'Cameron' ca. 1971

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic RC-7469 'Cameron' ca. 1971

Here for your viewing pleasure is the most beautiful clock in my modest collection, the Panasonic RC-7469. It was called the "Cameron" in advertising literature in 1971. I own seven flip clocks, but this is the one I wake up to in the morning. It features a walnut cabinet, AM-FM radio, "Sure-Awake" chirp alarm, and a headphone jack. I acquired it in October 2006 for the low price of $32. I have yet to see one in better condition than this.

I took these pictures in March of 2013 following a cleaning and repair. The first step-down gear in the motor failed, a common occurance. I harvested a replacement from a small Sony digimatic with a broken radio. It has performed flawlessly since then, and I never get tired of looking at it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-5568.jpg
Views:	1614
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	714

Great write up!
    I've had a couple of these (have two now) and watch more than one on eBay (lots there now for some reason .... sometimes there are none at all). In any event, I can attest that this is the best quality clock of this model I've ever seen. I think it's strange how they nicknamed these clocks (e.g. "The Cameron"). I noted that the RC-6003 was called "The Vernon." Not sure why they were using male names.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

This is the clock I once wanted. Or still want. FAN-tastic design. Wooden cabinet and those dials, very nice. Only I'm in Europe and I'd need a converter. Thanks for sharing this.
      SAVE THE FLIPCLOCKS!

Comment

Working...
      X